Director of Food Service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
- Cook and serve lunch and dinner for between 10 and 30 students.
- Maintain a clean kitchen area and storage area.
- Be able to supervise a few students on cleaning of the kitchen, dining area and other potential jobs.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years commercial/institutional cooking and kitchen experience.
- Some experience in commercial food safety practice or food safety certification would be preferred.
- Be able to be sociable and work well with our students.
- Proficiency operating commercial kitchen equipment and safe practice in use of kitchen tools and handling.
- Fundamental understanding of food safety practices.
- Through behavior and actions, embraces the core values of Williamson.
- Ability to work in teams or work independently and direct oneself daily.
- This position will be working in the kitchen area and including storerooms, freezers, walk in cooling units.
- Hours would be 10:00 am – 6:00 pm each Saturday when the college is in session (approximately 31 weeks each academic year)
- Ability to lift hot food pans and handle the physical demands of the job including standing and bending, and operating kitchen equipment.
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for one or 2 students to assist with preparation, serving meals and cleaning up as needed.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume to Tim Burbage (email preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org