Grounds and Transportation Supervisor
Coordinating with the Grounds Supervisor and the VP of Operations, this role will support campus grounds and facilities as needed. The primary focus is maintaining and managing the campus grounds and athletic fields through grass mowing/trimming, snow clearing and salting operations. In addition, supporting with maintenance items such as assisting with minor plumbing, electrical and HVAC issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
- Maintain turf areas of campus and sports fields using lawn care equipment.
- Perform snow clearing, shoveling, and salting operations.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment such as greasing, oil changes and blade sharpening.
- Assist in setting up and breaking down special events on college.
- Changing light bulbs and HVAC filters as needed
- Navigate campus work order system
- Direct students in performing campus work.
- Coordinate and direct contract support on campus.
- Assist with minor plumbing, electrical and HVAC issues
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years commercial/institutional landscape maintenance and snow clearing experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- General mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Proficiency operating landscape construction and lawn mowing equipment.
- Fundamental understanding of landscaping best practices.
- Ability to work Saturdays, evenings or weekends as needed.
- Through behavior and actions, embraces the core values of Williamson.
- Ability to work in teams or work independently and direct oneself daily.
- This position will primarily be working in all areas across the college campus in performing a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, both indoors and out.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds and handles the physical demands of the job including standing and bending, operating equipment for long periods, working in all weather conditions (heat and cold), and working with herbicides
- No direct supervisory requirements although the ability to lead student help when required
- Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume to Tim Brown (email preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org