- Williamson’s alumni relations program is growing rapidly, with significant new initiatives and added services set to be introduced over the next 5 years. Planning, coordinating and supporting these new offerings will require significant staff time. Williamson believes that an additional staff position will be required to maintain a high-quality experience for alumni, especially alumni volunteers, and provide adequate levels of staff support and stewardship;
- Maximizing the potential of the newly established Association of Alumni will require robust use of social media platforms and other e-communications to effectively communicate with graduates, and to dynamically engage alumni in the organization’s programs;
- A key initiative in Williamson’s 5-year strategic plan is to leverage alumni stakeholders in new volunteer roles as social media ambassadors, bloggers and other forward-facing roles on behalf of the school. Recruiting, training and communicating with these new volunteers will require added staff coordination, support and oversight, as well as new content creation.
The Alumni Relations and Social Media Coordinator is an entry-level role within the Office of Institutional Advancement that supports the alumni relations and marketing staff of Williamson College of the Trades. This is a full-time, on-site position.
Alumni Relations Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Alumni Relations, the coordinator will assist in organizing and coordinating alumni communications, programs and services designed to foster and strengthen the relationship between Williamson alumni and the college.
- Organize and coordinate alumni–focused events hosted by the college and the Williamson Association of Alumni both on-and off-campus;
- Provide staff support to Association of Alumni committees and alumni volunteer groups, with special responsibility for the Young Alumni Advisory Council and the Young Alumni Class Representative and Shop Liaison Program;
- Develop, design and arrange for promotional materials, awards, certificates and related items for alumni functions and/or needed services for events;
- Help in developing, designing and sending electronic and print materials for alumni programs, activities, and services with special responsibility for alumni e-newsletters, e-communications and event invitations;
- Perform necessary administrative functions such as record keeping, reports, meeting minutes, correspondence, contractual arrangements, as necessary;
- Help at alumni and advancement events both on- and off-campus as needed;
- Serve as a resource to alumni and others on alumni programs and activities;
- Perform other duties as needed.
Social Media Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and direction of the Creative Director, the coordinator will assist in planning, creating, managing and assessing the college’s social media and e-communications program. The effort aims to strengthen ties between Williamson and its constituent groups
- Assist in training, managing and creating engaging content for alumni, student and Williamson family social media ambassadors and alumni and trustee bloggers;
- Assist in creating text, image and video content and managing all school-branded social media platforms, including WAA social media groups;
- Assist in developing and disseminating school electronic communications;
- Assist in monitoring and managing social media content and engaging with Williamson’s online community in a productive and professional manner;
- Assist in creating and maintaining a content calendar;
- Assist in tracking social media performance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Background in marketing, communications, event planning or similar experience;
- Strong desire and natural ability to work with people; interest in collaborating with others;
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to internal and external constituents;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional proofreading skills;
- Ability to create and deliver engaging and effective text, photographic and video content;
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms and online marketing strategies;
- Ability to effectively use design and email marketing software;
- Ability to effectively use event management software (previous experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to cheerfully coordinate multiple programs and activities, and to meet deadlines and manage time effectively;
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, while able to adapt easily to change;
- Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule (weekend and evening availability required);
- Willingness to engage fully in the Williamson school community and commit to the five core values of Faith, Integrity, Diligence, Excellence and Service;
- Valid driver’s license required.
Email cover letter, interest in Williamson, and resume to:
Arlene A. Snyder, CFRE
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Williamson College of the Trades
106 S. New Middletown Rd.
Media, PA 19063