Full-time (10-month contract position, follows college in-session schedule), Non-exempt
Director of Food Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
The First Cook is responsible for preparing and serving Breakfast and Lunch.
• Provide safe and timely meals for breakfast and lunch Monday thru Friday
• Supervise student-help with preparation of food and clean-up after each meal.
• Responsible for supervising and training student KP’s and meal servers.
• Work closely with the Kitchen Assistant (cook).
o The Kitchen Assistant will assist in preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch as well as Desserts and salads.
• Keep industry standards of sanitation of the kitchen, dining room and storage areas of the Food Service Department as instructed by the Food Service Director.
• First Cook will be a role model; following and supporting the school’s policies.
• First Cook will be a direct supervisor of student KP’s and Servers.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2 years commercial/institutional cooking and kitchen experience.
• Experience in commercial food safety practice or food safety certification preferred.
• Proficiency operating commercial kitchen equipment and safe practice in use of kitchen tools and handling.
• Fundamental understanding of food safety practices.
• Through behavior and actions, embraces the core values of Williamson.
• Ability to work in teams or work independently and direct oneself daily.
• This position requires working in the kitchen; including storerooms, freezers, walk in cooling units.
• Lifting pans of food and carrying food supplies.
• Supervision required over student KP’s, servers and other kitchen staff when required.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume to Tim Burbage (email preferred) email@example.com